Salsa Eating Salsa

They call me Salsa and I like eating salsa. Learning, exploring, obsessing, indulging-- home cooking, restaurant, high end or low end, I don't care-- I want to enjoy every meal every day.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Costco run

After a laundry stop at Brain Wash, I did a little shopping. In spite of all the junk they sell at Costco, I found a bunch of good stuff.
  • Their wine selection is great, and priced well to boot. Of course, I don't take advantage their great wine-- I go cheap, getting what I'd buy at Trader Joe's. I grabbed a Ravenswood Lodi zin, a Rosemount shiraz, and a Coppola "Rosso Classic" blend of zin, cab, and syrah.
  • 1 gallon of Odwalla fresh squeezed OJ-- a staple-- for only $4.59-- that's a great price, given that you'd pay $7 for a half gallon from a white bread supermarket.
  • A long Italian loaf from Acme Bread Company, a great Bay Area bakery.
  • A pound (!) of organic spring greens from Earthbound Farms for $3.49. It's a struggle to finish the big box before the stuff starts getting slimy...
Fine, fine, you got me-- I really went to Costco for toilet paper and ketchup. I'll make Mom's roasted chicken with ketchup in a few minutes...

1 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger salsa said…

    Yep, I love that stuff! Unfortunately, they never stock Aidells' andouille-- I have to go to Safeway for that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home