Salsa Eating Salsa

They call me Salsa and I like eating salsa. Learning, exploring, obsessing, indulging-- home cooking, restaurant, high end or low end, I don't care-- I want to enjoy every meal every day.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Roasted Pork Loin Dinner

IMG_1713.JPG_cropPeople came over Wednesday night for dinner and I roasted a 5 lb pork loin from Little City Meats. I generally followed the recipe from Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home-- seasoned, browned, then roasted on apples at 375. Guests brought sweet potato patties with a spicy sauce, pan roasted brussels sprouts, a red cabbage salad with pine nuts and goat cheese, and an amaretto cake for dessert.

IMG_1715.JPGI browned the meat in a pan with some shmalz (skimmed from the chicken stock) and a little canola oil. I had to cut the pork loin cut in two since it wouldn't fit in the pan for browning. Having two pieces of meat made it easier to brown the sides-- the tongs held them together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home